Be a Part of the Movement!
Envisioning a New Arts Center in Redwood City
Center for Creativity
Welcome to the future site of the Center for Creativity in Redwood City.
Behind this effort are a passionate group of community leaders and artists working hard to make this dream a reality.
Our vision for the Center for Creativity in Redwood City is an art space for all people on the Peninsula to connect and explore their creative selves. This innovative and state-of-the-art facility will provide accessible and welcoming art programs and classes in visual and performing arts.
Imagine in Redwood City . . .
• inspiring art exhibits by local artists
• diverse theatre and music events after dinner with friends
• innovative performances to inspire youth and families
We are a step away!
• developing your creative talent with local mentors
• cultivating your knowledge of cultural arts
• immersing yourself into innovative technologies
This can be our future!
• creating your own sculpture or painting using a community studio
• strengthening community pride by collaborating on public art
• watching your children discover their creative expression
Yes, let’s make things together!
Feasibility Study Update
In August 2022 AMS Planning + Research was hired to conduct a comprehensive feasibility study for the Center for Creativity based on our Vision Report and a successful public survey of over 2300 residents demonstrated a need for a permanent arts center near Redwood City.
Phase 1 of the Feasibility Study is complete and a printable summary can be found here. The results of AMS’s research indicated that artists and arts organizations in and around Redwood City are in need of accessible, affordable, and dedicated space to create, teach, learn, exhibit, rehearse, and perform. In addition, the data and feedback highlight the arts community’s need for a central hub of activity, gathering, and collaboration.
With this first phase of due diligence completed, AMS Planning + Research will now proceed to Phase 2, which will include conceptual study of the various spaces needed, their optimal sizes, and utilization. Management recommendations and economic forecasts will also be made.